Financial Assistance Due to Hospital Stays

Application for Financial Assistance


This application is to be filled out when financial assistance is needed due to extended bed rest or hospital stay and/or NICU stays.  The financial assistance provided is to pay bills either on a one-time basis or on a longer basis.  Some of the types of bills we have covered are:

* Rent/mortgage
* Utilities (electricity, gas, etc.)
* Childcare
* Transportation costs
* Car payment
* Car insurance

Please list the bills you need assistance with and the estimated amount.  We will need documentation of the bills in order to process payment--you can upload those on the application or upon initial approval of the grant.

If you are applying for assistance with medical bills, you will need to share what the medical bills were for and what steps you have taken to defer the costs (i.e. applied for financial assistance, entered a payment plan, etc.)

With this application, you need to provide some sort of verification for the hospital and/or NICU stays from the hospital, whether that be the form that we have provided here or another similar form.  We need both things before we will review the application.  We will respond within two business days.

If you have questions or want to submit additional information, you can e-mail us at

Please  note that submitting an application does NOT guarantee payment or issuance of a grant.  The Colette Louise Tisdahl Foundation will make decisions on a case by case basis and ultimately retains the right to decide when and how much money will be issued to each family.



You should consult with your attorney or tax advisor about whether the receipt of assistance from the Colette Louise Tisdahl Foundation (the “Foundation”) has any income tax or government benefit consequences for you and your family.  Neither the Foundation nor its representatives give legal or tax advice.  The income tax rules and the rules regarding eligibility and receipt of government benefits are both complex and subject to change. You should talk to your attorney or tax professional for answers to your questions about the impact of assistance from the Foundation on your specific situation.


Powered by Tech Banker